In the upper part of Hermigua is Saint Dominic Guzman Church, which shows clear Mudejar influences. It has undergone a number of transformations over the years. Its simple original design was given a baroque touch when the building was enlarged and a new Latin cross construction added with an extension into the right-hand chapel.
El Convento district owes its name to a group of Dominican monks who settled here during the 17th Century and built the Saint Peter the Apostle Monastery, of which only the church is still open to the public, since the monastery was confiscated and closed in 1821 and the monk’s living quarters sold and converted into private houses. Those houses can be seen surrounding the church.
At the side of the road stands Los Telares, a magnificient example of the local arquitecture that can be visited.